Your opinions please...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 21, 5'5 and 13stone and a size 14 (uk). I am currently taking adios (herbal weight loss tablets) but to no avail. I have a healthy diet. I do occassionly get to the gym and if only i had more time, ideally i'd like to loose my weight through exercise, however being a student and working every other hour thats free, its just not possible.

Would Orlistat be a good choice for me?

Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victoria nice to here from you. :D

You said uv tried adios, and they havent worked, you may want to try lipobind. Or have you tried hoodia which is a food suppressant. i lost over a stone taking them. :lol:

From you weight and height it looks like your BMI is around 31-32. And your doctor may give you orlistat. :?

Hope this is of some help, keep us up to date.

Ann Mitchell :wink:

• Posted

Exercise more.

Go for a couple of miles walk 3 times a day.

In fact - I think I'll do that myself.

Write down each hour of the day what you are doing - and we can show you how to slot in some exercise....

• Posted

I also tried Adios max but the only pounds I lost were the ones in payment!

I will look into hoodia as it cant hurt!

• Posted

I have tried Hoodia and all other possible \"natural\" tablets going... I think that I should have shares in Holland & Barrett by now!!

I personally didn't find that Hoodia worked at all.... but i'm not having much success with orlistat so far either (actually scrap that... i've so far had no success with orlistat)

I'm starting to think I'm a hopeless case and will be fat forever :-(

• Posted

Hippo,

OK, I'll forget the Hoodia.

I also found none of the OTC herbal things helped and I have tried a few. I guess these companies pray on our desperation.

Orlistat worked for me for the 1st month but nothing in the 2nd month. So I will see what has happened in another month.

Keep trying. If you stay at the same weight it is better than putting more on!

I have joined weight concern a weight loss charity that is quite interesting.

• Posted

I have only been on Orlistat for 9 days so I guess I just need to keep at it - had hoped that I might have lost at least 1lb by now though!! lol :?

I was prescribed orlistat even though I am not convinced it's the right medication for me - I was told that the Dr's have to prescribe orlistat before anything else because it has the least amount of side effects!

One thing's for sure - I will not be a happy bunny (or hippo for that matter) if I see no reduction after 4 weeks!! It must be really frustrating for you LellyM having a whole month of no weightloss - how much did you lose in the first month?

• Posted

1st month I lost 19 lbs which makes this 2nd month even more frustrating.

But I am determined.

• Posted

Hi all, ive just signed up to this forum and am inspired by everyones determination.

Ive been on Orlistat since Friday & Have so far lost 2lbs.

I hope im not going to p you all off by asing questions you prob have already replied to on many occasions.

I took Orlistat last yr but as I keot eating crap then I guess you know what happens so i stopped taking them. At the moment im im in the zone & am commited to giving it another go.

What confuses me is that users on here are saying to eat approx 15g of fat per meal & it sounds as if there are better results by doing this than eating a lower fat diet? Whats your thoughts on this?

Id also like to know what you eat on a typlical day that has contributed to your weight loss?

[color=red:c04f27089f][/color:c04f27089f][/b]

• Posted

Hi Lelly,

Thanks for the post about weight concern - I've just joined myself today - looks very interesting.

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.