Your personal experience with peri

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did your experience with peri start out suddenly with very noticeable symptoms, or was it gradual, with subtle symptoms that slowly worsened over time? I honestly thought that my early symptoms like fatigue and joint pain were just signs of getting older.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi MoodyNoire,

Mine was insomnia and fatigue at around 42 to 43, just got worse and worse something new almost every week nausea palpitations, thankfully not too many aches and pains.

But painful boobs and anxiety depression etc. A disgusting taste in my mouth lost loads of weight then after a few years insomnia still there with night time cravings put all the weight back on and some.

A week being too hot followed by being so cold, depression worsening.

I didn't really realise how awful it all was or believe it could all be down to hormones until 3 years post and just boiling hot all the time no sweats or flushes just so hot I decided last year to try HRT. Then most of it went away.

My sleep still isn't right and I often sleep too much now but at least I'm sleeping more than I used to.

The aches and pains which didn't come on for me until I was post have all gone now but a few of those my shoulders in particular took almost six months on HRT to diminish.

I have a bit more energy and it's lovely not to be so depressed all the time. I lost 7 lbs without really trying as well.

My hair and skin looking more healthy too these days.

• Posted

Which hrt are you taking please. Do you still have periods?
    • Posted

Hi Zigangie, So you started hrt 3 years after menopause? Are you still taking it? If so, what kind?
    • Posted

Hi MoodyNoire,

Yes I'm still taking it. Oestrogel which is transdermal 2 pumps a day. I have tried more (up to 4 pumps) but no more improvement so back down to 2 a day and Utrogestan pills first 12 days of the month. I bleed for 7 days again now.

They are both plant based bio identical.

• Posted

I have been having hot night sweats for at least 6 years. Didn't realise it was peri until a couple of years ago. I get drenched, it's not just having to many covers on.

The heart palpitations, anxiety and dizziness came on suddenly. My blood pressure anh heart rate went through the roof.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.