Your stories please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would like the testimonials of people who have already been treated with Celexa , who then made ​​a withdrawal and have the treatment again . Are that the 2nd time as well as the 1st ? Why did you stop the treatment and for what reason you began ? Thank you very much!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi claudie. Read my posts. I am very similar to ur case.

• Posted

I just telk u my story:

I have been taking citalopram for the past 6 years starting with 20 then 40 then 20 and 10 again for the last year. I stopped taking it abruptly(after 6 yrs). For the first month felt nothing except dizziness, but after a month started feeling anxious , having panick attacks and eventually depression. I was sooooo fed up with life and had no motivation. Every sigle hour of living was an struggle. I woukd ask myself "what is the point of living ?"along with many other odd feelings. After 2 weeks feeling this way i couldnt tolerate and saw my GP to get back on citalopram again. He started me on 20m but the first day was such a horrible feeling and bad anxiety that i decided to halve the dose for a few days. After about a week i went back on 20m. Now it has been 6 weeks since the start. I feel improved but not fully. The anxiety and panick attacks have considerably reduced but the depression is still there. I am still very hopeless and not joyful. I will see my gp in a week to up the dose maybe, as i had citalopram before and it worked perfectly for 6 years. I hope this helped!

• Posted

Hi I was on citalapram for years with great success then had a relapse doc said they stopped working so tried loads of different ad,s with no joy so 2 years later I'm trying them again it's the start of the 6th week and lm struggling feel low and got anxiety and intrusive thoughts just hoping they will work again

What's your experience ?

• Posted

Yes I've done that.

After 15 years of being ill with depression and anxiety and anti depressants didn't do much to help, I then took Citalopram 20mg and recovered.  I stayed on them for 15 years and was perfectly well all that time, and reduced to 10mg for most of the time.

I came off the medicine as wanted to try something more natural and after lots of reading I started 5-HTP and l-tyrosine which I took for a year with much success, but felt the need to restart Citalopram 20mg when family illness took its toll on me with stress, and have been on them again for 16 months and with success once again.  It took longer for the meds to kick in second time around - probably a good 5 months plus?  I'm now back down to only 5mg and will stay on this until later this year and will then go back into 5-HTP and l-tyrosine.

• Posted

thank you for your witness! I hope all the same that it does not take five months to return. when I debuted 2 years ago I had a nice improvement after 3 weeks. I did not completely stop my treatment. I neglected for one month.
    • Posted

Sadly this medicine works when it wants to, and at different times for different people.  Patience is the hardest thing to do on this meds, but it's the only thing to do.  Recovery will come to you in its own time, and if the meds worked for you before then they'll work for you again.  Trust in them ...... it'll happen in time xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.