Zoladex injections

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies just an update I posted a while ago was on esmya tablets to try and shrink fiboriods. But only made the grow more now have been having zoladex injections to try and kick start menopause to see if that will help shrink them due to having large multiple fiboriods which are now making my kidney enlarged. Have had 3 injections so far and another 3 to go . Did anyone find these helped am having some nasty side effects like you would expect when having menopause symptoms. Just hopeing these work it as stopped the awful periods .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dnna, sorry Zoladex didn't shrink my one large fibroid, gave me some horrible side effects but did stop my periods for 7 months or so x

• Posted

I started zoladex last month to shrink my multiple large fibroids before surgery. This last week I've had awful night sweats, really itchy skin, headaches back with avengance and now terrible low back pain and trapped nerve feelings down right side! I'm dreading the next 2 months of implants. I also suffer hereditary high blood pressure and was treated 20 yrs ago for a pituitary tumour so really worried these implants could inflame those issues as well. Any advice? Will the side effects lesson?

• Posted

hi tina, zoladex is not nice. I had it for 6 months didn't work. its also used for breast & prostrate cancer. I have another prescription for the next lot in my bag but that's where it is staying for the time being, I'm using transenamic acid to reduce cycle instead & its working as zoladex didn't shrink it in the first place its unlikely to now. sorry about lowercase poorly cat asleep on my arm!

• Posted

I've had 5 months of injections and have had next to no side affects. I just can't sleep very well at night. I think I'm just one of the lucky ones but the good news is that my fibroid has significantly shrunk since I started on them. So hold on, hopefully it will all be worth it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.