Zoloft

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm sure some of you know I'm scared of medicine! Scared of the serious possible side effects! The dr gave me Zoloft for my anxiety I have a lot of physical symptoms that I would just do anything to get rid of! Limp in throat. Chest pains. Pressure in head. Tinging in ears. Tingly hands weak legs and so on. Should I take the Zoloft? Who has taken it and did it get?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Please don't take it,it may work for sometime but the side effects are horrible.im experiencing similar things as you but my therapist advise me not to even consider those anti depressants .the first time I took a medication for panic attacks ,I became suicidal the next week.i stopped taking it but it was hard to leave the medication behind.i thought what if I have another attack ?it could actually help me lol...but gradually I got over it.it better to try managing your symptoms ,than experiencing some other negative side effects.Take care Emily

• Posted

Whether you take the Zoloft or not has to be entirely up to you. The medication does come with unpleasant side effects for a couple weeks, but they do go away. It's the whole "feel worse before you feel better" type of thing. If you go on it, stick with it no matter how hard it might feel to continue. That's the only way to know if that dose or even that medication is right for you. The side effects vary from person to person, as does the intensity of them, so please don't assume the worst. Most antidepressants heighten anxiety for a while as your body is adjusting to the medication. Did the doctor give you any anti-anxiety medication or talk about the side effects? Once the Zoloft is fully in your system, and working the way it should, you'll feel like a big weight has been lifted off of you.

• Posted

dont stop zoloft . because you feel bad , you aways get worse  before better , you have a drug in your brain  , if you dont have the bottle to tough it out, then your not ill enough. i have had 50 years of med test i except the downs , to get to t

he ups

• Posted

Awhile back I took Zoloft. My side effects were involuntary movements. It drove me crazy. Since then, every medication that was prescribed to me, I did thorough research to see all side effects. This helped me understand more; however, if these symptoms are interfering with your life, I would call my doctor. There are so many different types of drugs out there might be better suited to your body chemistry. Ask questions and get answers. And if you don't feel good, speak to your doctor. Take care Emily.

• Posted

I'm on Zoloft and have been for 7 years. The first couple weeks were extremely hard because it gave me more anxiety. I'm so happy I stuck with it though because not long after that I began to feel better and actually enjoy my life again. I was on 100 mg and my doctor upped my dose 5 days ago to 150 mg because I was having more anxiety. Just waiting for that to kick in and looking forward it. I'm also in CBT with a therapist. It's ones personal choice whether to take it or not, I'm just giving you my personal experience with Zoloft. Best thing I ever done for my anxiety. Hang in there??

• Posted

I've been taking zoloft for 8 days now and the side effects is somewhat unpleasant I have dry mouth,hot flashes,nausea,no appetite,dirreah I'm sticking to it hoping for the benefits from it after I get use to the meds. I've tried several and most was worse side effects then this one. Good luck in whatever you decide to do I look at it like this I'm very sensitive to meds but if I don't try something to help me get better from this tormenting anxiety I'm stuck like this forever and my quality of life is gone. And I don't want that I want to enjoy my life also camomile tea works and sleepy time tea or tension tamer tea help alittle

• Posted

I also found the side effects hard in the beginning but I stuck with it and they all went away. I tried going off my meds 7 years ago and that did not go well, so I'm staying on mine indefinitely as long as they work.

• Posted

are in you therapy as well? Do you have an alternative plan to manage this? There are alternative products that are used you can even see a complimentary/alternative doctor for an assessment. They are real doctors who specialize in natural remedies and some are naturopaths too but they use different natural remedies. It gets hard to figure this all out by yourself and they see it all time as well so they are more familiar with the statistics of what will work or not. Usually out of pocket to see them but some do take insurance. You dont have to take anything you dont want too but you do need a plan here to manage this. There are very many options out there to consider to get help aside from the traditional  medicine route.
    • Posted

Thank u! I started seeing someone a few weeks ago.... It's helping a little and I will look into that

• Posted

I am happy for you Emily,keep pushing and don't be afriad you will be fine soon smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.