Zoloft

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have been taking Zoloft for the past three weeks and just yesterday I started with severe dizziness. It's so bad I can't stand for a long period of time. Is this a side effect of Zoloft or can it be something else? I am currently on 100mg of Zoloft. I spoke to the doctor and he said to reduce it so 50mg. Will this help? Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and anxiety distress. I'm only 24 yrs old so I am a bit worried that I might have something medical going on.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  I think you were started on a high dose. usually its 25mg raised to 50mg when you get used to them...I would do what your dr suggested..and see do you feel better..I have 2 sisters on these meds.taking 50mg for the past 2 years, and doing great on them.I personally could not tolerate them.as they give me severe headaches..xx
  • Posted

Its better to stick to a lower dose. I was on 50 mg for 4 years and was fine. Dizzyness is experienced by a lot of people at first. But it goes away. So just hang in there and follow docs orders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.