Zoloft and mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

is anyone else on sertraline/zoloft and mirtazapine ?

what are your experiences ?

side effects ?

hopefully good stories out there

im on 30mg mirtazapine and have today also started 25mg sertraline

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carl I could of wrote your post ive also started 25mg but 4 days ago ..the side effects have been ok until last night the insomnia is chronic and I dont know if I can continue if this goes on.

Good luck and let us know how your getting on

• Posted

Carl ive been on mirtazapine for 15 years and due to anxiety/insomnia the gp has recently prescribed me sertraline as well but I feel pretty awful if im honest its the insomnia it makes me terribly anxious

• Posted

I replied as soon as I could Kal my friend, have you thought of asking GP to up you're dosage to 45mg of mirtazapine as for me personally they do the job.. My GP from the beginning said I was eventually going into this dose, but started with 15mg and that didn't agree one iota so told GP who immediately put me on 30mg for about 3 months then upped it to 45mg to which for just over a year all is better..Hope you still mot suffering insomnia and anxiety to badly now mate.

• Posted

Robert thankyou so much Im going to see my gp tomorrow and ask her..as dont feel mentally able to continue on sertraline when that is causing me to feel so much worse ! Apparently you do have to ride the storm but I just dont feel well enough to continue

So glad you have found something that works for you !!

• Posted

Good Morning Kal, update on what you're GP says if you could as sertraline seems not to agree with you to which I've never heard of to be honest mate. Hope you have a good outcome after appoinment today, I was as I mentioned on Prozac but that didn't agree with Me, but 45mg mirtazapine is the right one for Me, it's trial and error and you'll get there hopefully with different medication from sertraline Kal..

• Posted

Thanks for all your time Robert really appreciated

• Posted

Robert just one more question how do you feel of a morning on the 45 mg ive been on 30 mg for 15 years and mornings are a struggle still for me Im worn out

• Posted

Are you having a good night's sleep though Kal? I'm fine in the morning and for rest of day as 45mg mirtazapine suits me really well thankfully, I always have a good night's sleep and refreshed for the day. if I was you I'd ask my GP to up the dose as it's a good antidepressant and a solid night's sleep, some say the less dosage the better night's sleep you get...but 15mg for me was horrible in the mornings as I was anxious legs spasming so told Dr who upped me to 30mg with intention of going to what I'm on now 45mg for last year plus.. There shouldn't be any problem asking dr to increase dosage as I'm sorted now....Theres a few saying awful side effects with mirtazapine whatever strength...A certain dosage is right for some but not others, and I've found the right one for me Kal.. When on Prozac I was awful mate, thank God he changed my meds.. Also you might for first 2 weeks or month tops feel a little drowsy but that goes away to feeling refreshed after good night's sleep. a're you supposed to be going to GPS today mate about sertraline. Any questions always ask as I'm only to glad to give you my personal experience on mirtazapine..

• Posted

Thank you Robert im so glad you have found relief with mirtazapine I had success with it for years about 12 if honest but the last 3 years the insomnia has worsened so much so i was living on 2 hours sleep and ive become a wreck ! I rang drs this morning 8am for app but no joy they said try again this afternoon incase any more appointments are opened ..she would deffo allow me to increase the mirtazapine as she.d do anythin to see me well its just ive tried inc in past and only lasted a week as felt exhausted/hung over but wiilling to try again

• Posted

Hi Carl, I'm Only on 45mg of mirtazapine at night and they are brilliant with no side effects..Initially I was a little drowsy, but now have a good night's sleep and no depression anymore as when on Prozac they didn't agree with me as wanted to kill myself more than once as simply not for me mate..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.