Zoloft for anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm in the U.S., and I think many of you are from the U.K. It seems to me from reading these posts that it is common there to prescribe sertraline for anxiety. That's curious to me, because it's strictly an antidepressant. There are better meds for anxiety. I"m on Buspar, for example, in addition to zoloft. Also- a therapeutic dose of sertraline is in the neighborhood of 100 - 200 mg. 25 mg is worthless...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi i was on sertraline for over 2 weeks for anaxiety i got every side effect possible made me feel loads worse at home and work got doctors next week to see what else i can do i live in the Uk devon

• Posted

if you are new to taking a ad then a dr will start off with the lowest dose and gradually increase if needed. what didnt work for you may work for someone else. AD's do work for many symptoms of depression, not just depression itself. also keep in mind that general anxiety and anxiety panic disorder are two very different things. so instead of telling someone that what the a dr has prescribed for them is worthless, why not be supportive and wish them luck with the treatment they are just now starting on? we are all in this together and I dont think any of us want or need the negativity. just my opinion.

• Posted

doctor prescribed me with 25mg sadly it did not work for me i do know others that is has that is why i am going back for further help

• Posted

hi laura im on buspar too... what are your thoughts on it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.