Zoloft/Sertraline question...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the doctor today because the 25mg of Zoloft I've been on for 6 months all of a sudden stopped working. I've been dealing with debilitating anxiety for 2 weeks now so she decided to move me up to 50mg. Tonight I took my first dose of 50mg and ofcourse overthinking has sent me into a panic. I'm just wondering how 50mg has helped you, if you take it. I'm feeling hopeful, but I'm worried about the side effects. I've heard higher doses help much better for anxiety/panic so my question is did it help more so than the starting dose?? Thanks! I appreciate all of your feedback, I've literally been relying on your guys' reassurance to get me through this anxiety rut I'm in, you all are amazing. ❤️

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I started off on 100 mgs which did nothing for me but when I went up to 150 mgs the result was much better x

• Posted

I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety which was due to perimenopause. I did not want to take it but, my anxiety was really severe. I had no high's or low feelings when on it. Apparently, that's a side effect some can have from that medication. I felt emotionally flat. It did calm me down but, I felt robotic on it. I could not stay on it. Couldn't live like that. Also, it made me lose a lot of weight fast. Your always running for the restroom the first two weeks. Literally nothing I ate stayed in my system. That wasn't fun. Felt tired from that too all the time. Sertraline was the second one I was on. I wound up in the ER with bruising on my legs after taking that for a while. It made me itch and shake all the time. I couldn't eat without shaking. Shaking is a side effect. I could not handle that. That was making my anxiety worse. With that being said though that may not be the case with you though. Just what I experienced. I hope you find something that works. I'm toughing mine out now and taking over the counter medicine. Hugs ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.