Zopiclone and sleep driving

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 67 year old retired male. I have been on Zopiclone for years to help me sleep. I have a history of sleep walking. On the 20th March this year I had my usual 6 cans of lager between 9pm and 11.30pm and retired to bed after taking my Zopiclone sleeping pill. Some 5 hours later I thought I was having a nightmare I was engulfed in a giant balloon which I found out later was the airbag of my car which had inflated as I crashed into the back of a parked transit van. I had dressed and and apparently while asleep driven around the block and crashed my car. My wife meanwhile who is wheelchair bound had been alerted by all the lights being on, she checked the house and I was no there, she realised I had taken the car and phoned the police. I was completely traumatised and managed to get home, it was only 50 yards from where I had crashed. The police arrived half an hour later and I was taken to the police station. I was charged with drink or drugs driving and must attent court soon.

0 likes, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

• Posted

How did you go on at court Edward?

one other thing 6 cans of Lager and then a zopiclone is a no no, I`d stick to one or the other, not both.

Egberrt

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh my gosh.

That must have been devastating for you....thank God you didn't kill anyone or yourself!!.

How did you go at court?.

I know this post was 6 years ago so I'm keen to see if you are still around and hopefully wasn't locked up!!!.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up