Tel: 020 7359 5400
Early Education, the British Association for Early Childhood Education, was founded in 1923. It is a charitable organisation for early years practitioners and parents with members and branches in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Early Education promotes the right of all children to education of the highest quality. It provides support, advice and information on effective practice for everyone concerned with the education and care of young children from birth to eight. Their objectives are to:
- Offer advice, guidance and information about provision and effective practice for all those concerned with young children from birth to eight years.
- Provide a national voice on early childhood education, advising central and local government and the media support a network of branches across the UK.
- Acknowledge and encourage partnership and involvement with families.
- Produce a termly journal Early Education, regular newsletters, e-bulletins and a website giving information and opinions on current early years issues and concerns, national and local branch events.
- Publish material on aspects of early childhood education and child development.
- Organise conferences, lectures, seminars and discussion forums.
- Maintain a comprehensive website.
- Manage major projects on key national issues.
- Maintain a historic library and archive.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.