19 Hazelmere Avenue
Melton Park Gosforth
The aim of the British Society for Disability & Oral Health is to bring together all those interested in the oral care of people with disabilities. It also works with other organisations to raise awareness of the barriers to oral health which may be experienced by different groups.
Their objectives are:
- To promote the oral health of disabled people of all ages.
- To promote links with organisations representing disabled people.
- To consult with disability groups to identify their needs and demands.
- To study the barriers relating to the provision of oral health care for disabled people.
- To develop undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the subject.
- To encourage research in the field of oral health for disabled people.
The Society's official publication is the Journal of Disability and Oral Health which is published quarterly in March, June, September and December, in print and online (www.jdohonline.org) and includes a Continuing Professional Development Programme. Subscription to the Journal and access to the online version is included in the membership fee.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.