Tel: 0116 223 4254
The national Centre for Fun and Families has been set up to assist families where parents are experiencing behaviour and communication difficulties with their children. The Centre aims to offer practical help to parents with children of all ages. Uniquely it provides services direct to families but also works alongside the staff of statutory and voluntary agencies. The main thrust of support to families is through the national promotion and formation of unique and effective group work programmes which have been designed to help parents with children of all ages. The Centre aims to equip workers with the necessary skills and resources to run the groups. Other aims of the Centre include the following.
- To develop a constructive approach to parenting which emphasises positive ideas and images.
- To promote a network of parent support groups.
- To positively address issues of race, gender and disability in work with families.
- To reduce stress within families by improving the coping and problem-solving abilities of parents.
- To reinforce positive communication between children and parents and to encourage effective alternatives to physical punishment.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.