Cornerstone is one of Scotland's largest charities and a leading provider of services for people with disabilities and other support needs. Cornerstone was founded by Nick Baxter in 1980 when he brought together a group of parents and professionals who were concerned about the lack and quality of services available to people with learning disabilities and their families.
Since then Cornerstone has grown to:
- Support 1,249 people.
- Operate 197 residential services and supported accommodation sites.
- Employ over 1,300 staff
- Have a turnover in excess of ú28 million
- People with learning disabilities.
- People with physical disabilities.
- People with autism and related disorders.
- People with head injuries.
- People with a terminal illness.
- Older people.
- People with dementia.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.