John and Lucille van Geest Place
Tel (Information and Advice): 0800 132 320 Tel (Office): 01733 358 100
Deafblind UK is a national charity offering specialist services and human support to deafblind people and those who have progressive sight and hearing loss acquired throughout their lives. Their aim is to enable people living with this unique disability to maintain their independence, quality of life and to reduce the isolation that deafblindness creates.
They achieve this through campaigning, education and the provision of practical and emotional support via independent living teams, personal communicator guiding and interpreting services, rehabilitation support, a volunteer befriending service and a free telephone helpline providing information, advocacy and advice.
The organisation's activities include the following:
- Specialist assessments of deafblind people.
- Participation in national developmental / lobbying groups.
- Contributing to individual community care plans.
- Information and advice on dual sensory loss.
- Support for families and friends of deafblind members.
- Independent living teams.
- Training for professionals.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.