Tel: 01479 861272
Tel (Northern Office & Ski School): 01479 861272
Fax: 01479 861272
Disability Snowsport UK is 'striving to provide the opportunity for people with a disability to participate in winter sporting activities'. Anyone with a disability is eligible to participate. DSUK organises group winter sport trips to Scotland and overseas. Features of the trips are as follows:
- Each activity is supported by volunteer helpers and qualified ski instructors.
- There is a variety of participants, some seasoned travellers, some who have not been away on their own before. Everyone receives expert tuition and plenty of encouragement.
- They offer advice on type of trip, location, accommodation to suit you best and organise a 'balanced' group in terms of amount of care required by participants.
- Special trips are organised for schools and families.
- Costs are comparable to brochure prices from ski holiday companies. A small charge is added to assist with their administration costs. There is no surcharge for any of the special facilities, equipment or volunteer personnel. No care charge is added: the helpers are volunteers. The skiers do not pay for helpers.
- They can advise on extras, ski clothing and accommodation.
- A brochure is produced giving full details of booking procedure and trips.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.