Tel: 0300 3300 639
Disabled Parents Network (DPN) is an organisation of and for disabled people who are parents or who hope to become parents, and their families, friends and supporters. DPN is run by volunteers, with a small number of paid employees.
They aim to help:
- All disabled parents, including parents with a physical or sensory impairment, parents with learning difficulties, deaf parents, parents with long term illnesses, parents with mental health issues and parents with drug or alcohol dependence.
- Disabled people looking to become parents.
- Family, friends and supporters of disabled parents.
- Health, social work and other professionals and organisations working with disabled parents.
- A telephone helpline and email support service
- An advocacy service for disabled parents
- Contact with other disabled parents
- A website with news, resources and information
- An active online discussion forum
- A regular newsletter for all members
- Training sessions and speakers for health and social care professionals, volunteers and others working with disabled parents and parents-to-be
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.