3 Oakwood Drive
Tel: 01509 227750 Fax: 01509 227777
English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS) is responsible for developing sport for disabled people in England. They work closely with the following national disability sports organisations recognised by Sport England.
- British Amputees and Les Autres Sports Association.
- British Blind Sport.
- UK Deaf Sport.
- Mencap Sport.
- CP Sport.
Their core principles are to:
- Be a leader in the co-ordination of the development of disability sport in England.
- Provide mainstream sporting opportunities for disabled people.
- Unite partners/stakeholders with common goals and strategies.
- Create an influential and common voice.
- Enable community and sporting partners to deliver.
- Promote the wider benefits of sport and physical activity.
- Promote equal opportunities.
- Facilitate positive change for all impairments.
- Provide information and 'signposting'.
- Lobby key agencies such as government to increase funding to the wider EFDS membership.
- Lobby key agencies such as government to firmly establish the disability sport and physical activity agenda within their own organisations.
- Be an umbrella organisation, representing the sporting and physical activity interests of disabled people and organisations.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.