61 Southwark Street
Tel: 020 7803 4800
Facioscapulohumeral (FSH) muscular dystrophy is a muscle wasting condition, caused by a genetic fault affecting one or more of the proteins of the muscles. The FSH MD Support Group aims to improve the quality of life for all those with FSH muscular dystrophy and those who care for them. The group offers support and encouragement to families and individuals who have FSH muscular dystrophy. Activities of the group include the following:
- Organising an annual conference for members.
- Producing a newsletter with articles on activities and issues relating to FSH muscular dystrophy.
- Encouraging contact between members for mutual support.
- A factsheet answering 25 questions on FSH muscular dystrophy, written by a consultant clinical geneticist is available from the group.
- A website full of information about FSH muscular dystrophy.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.