134 Curtain Road
Tel (Helpline for confidential information): 0300 0300 363
Tel (Office): 020 7613 5060 or 0300 0300 110
Best time to telephone: Helpline open 6pm - 10pm
Families Need Fathers (FNF) is the principal society providing advice on children's issues for separated and divorced parents, including unmarried parents, of either sex. The organisation is principally concerned with the problems of maintaining a child's relationship with both parents during and after family breakdown. It is a registered charity with a national network of voluntary contacts who provide advice and support to thousands of parents every year. FNF relies heavily on subscriptions and donations. There is an annual subscription cost which gives access to a wide range of advice and information. There is a growing number of grandparent and women members. FNF is involved in the following activities:
- A national network of contacts who give advice and support to parents.
- Regular advice sessions through a network of branches throughout the country.
- Producing booklets, fact packs, information leaflets and a regular magazine.
- Seeking to change and improve the present matrimonial and legal process and to eliminate unnecessary and protracted legal conflict.
- Promoting the use of Family Mediation Services and Family Contact Centres.
- Using all aspects of the news media to increase public awareness of the problems faced by children and parents after family breakdown.
- Providing research and educational information.
- Lobbying MPs, the Law Commission, and the Judiciary.
- Providing speakers for TV and radio appearances.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.