Tel: 020 7254 6251
Family Action is one of the UK’s leading family charities, supporting over 45,000 families every year. They tackle some of the most complex and difficult issues facing families today – including domestic abuse, mental health problems, learning disabilities and severe financial hardship.
These issues have a huge impact on the wellbeing and development of children; and on the ability of parents and carers to make a positive contribution to their community.
They work with whole families to help them find solutions to problems, no matter how difficult, so that they become safer, stronger and more optimistic about their future.
The services they provide include:
- Services for Children
- Family Support Services
- Building Bridges services - supporting children and parents where the parent has an enduring mental health problem.
- Valuing Families services - where parents have learning difficulties.
- Newpin services - intensive support to mothers and fathers of children under 5 whose mental health is impacting on their ability to provide safe parenting.
- WellFamily services - holistic support to families linked to GP practices.
- Children’s Centres in 15 local authorities
- Services to over 130 schools across England
- Services for Vulnerable Adults - approximately 15% of Family Action’s income supports their work with adults with enduring mental health problems and/or learning difficulties.
- Working in Partnership - with children, parents, other voluntary and community groups and statutory services including social care, health, schools and housing.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.