Tel (Helpline): 01474 537392 Tel (Office): 01474 536661
Family Matters works to help relieve the mental and physical distress of children, adolescents and adults who have been victims of abuse, together with their non-abusing family members and partners, and thus help to:
- Break the cycle of abuse.
- Reduce the incidence of suicide and self-harm amongst survivors.
- Reduce the pain, suffering and distress of survivors of childhood sexual abuse and improve their ability to relate to others.
- Promote empowerment, self-awareness and self-esteem, thereby reducing the levels of social exclusion and increasing access to health opportunities.
- Reduce the amount of disruption to schooling.
- Provide other agencies with a suitable referring agency for those identified with problems in this specialist area.
- Raise the awareness of childhood sexual abuse through the provision of courses aimed at counsellors and professionals.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.