Tel: 020 7580 3898
The General Optical Council (GOC) is the regulator for the optical professions in the UK. Its purpose is to protect the public by promoting high standards of education, conduct and performance amongst opticians. The Council currently registers around 24,000 optometrists, dispensing opticians, student opticians and optical businesses.
The GOC website provides information about:
- Registration - search their database to check your optometrist or dispensing optician is registered to practise in the UK.
- Complaints - help with complaints about an eye care professional.
- Education - education and training of optometrists and dispensing opticians including continuing and post qualification education.
- News, publications and consultations.
- GOC policies, procedures and protocols.
- GOC history.
- Online press kit for journalists and media professionals.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.