Welwyn Garden City
Tel: 01707 371854 Web: www.heas.org.uk
HEAS (the Home Education Advisory Service) was established in 1995 by a group of experienced home educators in order to provide good quality information on both the legal and practical aspects of home education. Since then HEAS has given information to families, to education authorities and to other professionals. Subscription to HEAS is open to home educating families and also to other interested individuals and groups who support diversity in education. Annual charges apply - contact the above for further details. HEAS subscribers receive the following.
- The quarterly HEAS Bulletin with news and information about all aspects of home education, plus reviews, letters and contacts.
- For home educators, a HEAS registration card giving free or reduced rates of admission to certain museums and sites of interest.
- Access to the advice line for curriculum advice and help in the event of any problems.
- An up to date regional list of subscribers.
- Loan library.
- HEAS Introductory Pack.
- The Home Education Handbook.
- The Big Book of Resource Ideas.
- HEAS Information Leaflets: Examinations and Qualifications; Special Educational Needs; Dyslexia; Home Education Overseas.
- HEAS Maths pack: for KS3 (11 - 14 years).
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.