Tel: 0800 028 0647
The Handicapped Aid Trust (HAT) was set up to make holidays possible for disabled and handicapped people. It recognised that in order for many disabled people to take a holiday, they needed the assistance of a helper. HAT helps in the following ways.
- Gives grants towards the cost of helpers to assist individuals on holiday.
- Gives grants towards the cost of holidays and helpers to give carers a break.
- Gives donations for assisted group holidays, in partnership with other organisations.
- Applicants must be over 17 years old.
- Applications must be supported by an organisation, health or social work professional.
- Deadlines for applications are: 1st February for summer holidays and 1st August for winter holidays.
- Applications are considered only once every two years.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.