Hosted by the Scottish Drugs Forum, Hepatitis Scotland provides support and leadership to voluntary sector organisations in tackling viral hepatitis in Scotland by:
- working with locally based voluntary sector providers to promote best practise and shared learning in supporting those affected by viral hepatitis
- representing the views and experiences of those affected by viral hepatitis across Scotland
- raising awareness amongst the public and professionals across Scotland about the importance of viral hepatitis as a public health issue
- promoting testing and referral to specialist care
- raising awareness of the availability of anti-viral treatment and care to manage/treat the infection
- working closely with national voluntary sector providers, NHS Boards, local authorities and other delivery partners
- updating voluntary sector providers and individuals living with viral hepatitis about the Sexual Health and BBV Framework.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.