18-24 High Street
Tel: 020 8952 5253
Best time to telephone: 9.30am - 5.00pm, Monday - Thursday; - 9.30am - 2.00pm, Friday
JAT provides the Jewish community with counselling and support in connection with HIV and sexual health, and HIV education for all. It extends its services to the entire Jewish community and is not allied to a particular 'wing'. It currently offers the following services:
- Confidential face to face counselling for Jewish people with HIV, as well as their partners, friends and families. Appointments can be made by contacting the administration during office hours.
- Financial support is given to people living with HIV and their carers, who cannot meet essential bills such as gas, electricity, TV licence or who may need items such as a winter coat. Application forms are available from the JAT office or can be printed from the website.
- Educational programmes and workshops in sexual health tailored to the needs of individuals and groups within the community. The education team has provided sexual health and HIV awareness workshops for organisations from youth groups to schools and universities and from rabbis to social welfare organisations.
- HIV/AIDS and the Jewish student.
- Our family; Our community.
- Who can HIV/AIDS affect (a leaflet for teenagers).
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.