London WC1N 2NY
Tel: 020 7359 3635 Web: www.kids.org.uk
KIDS work in partnership with parents and carers to enable disabled children and young people to develop their skills and abilities and to fulfil their potential, hopes and aspirations.
Their work falls into several areas:
- Direct work with disabled children - including home learning (portage) services for very young disabled children, specialist nurseries and crèches, integrated support within children’s centres, short breaks for disabled children both community based and residential, playgrounds and play schemes.
- Direct work with disabled young people - including specialist youth groups, short breaks for disabled young people both community based and residential, transition support.
- Support for parents of disabled children and young people - including parent partnerships, parent forums, training for parents (eg Makaton), key working, and a London mediation service.
- Support for siblings of disabled children and young carers - including siblings groups, young carers groups and the inclusion of siblings in KIDS playgrounds.
- Training & guidance for professionals - working inclusively with disabled children and young people
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.