49 Court Oak Road
Tel: 0121 428 5038
In Britain today, more than 20,000 families have a child with impaired vision. For some, vision is their only problem, but for many it is one of two or more disabilities. Parents may feel extremely isolated and have to face a whole range of new and difficult problems.
The LOOK National Office offers the following services.
- Provides information directly for parents and organisations concerned with visually impaired children.
- Gives access to the latest ideas and developments in the education, care and health of children with impaired vision.
- Monitors current medical and social research and public debate on the issues of concern to families with visually impaired children.
- Co-operates with all medical, voluntary and statutory agencies concerned with visual impairment.
- Organises family events.
- Produces a newsletter.
- The Outlook Youth Project provides a mentoring and linking service for children aged 11 - 25.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.