Learn and Live is a not for profit organisation, formed in 1989 to improve road safety among young and newly qualified drivers and their passengers where illegal driving was not a contributing factor.
Learn and Live was started by bereaved parents who have lost youngsters in road accidents, with the objective of lobbying 'for common-sense measures to make learning to drive a safer process and save other families from losing a beloved son or daughter'. The website includes information on past achievements and the following aims. To raise awareness of these vital issues:
- Display of compulsory 'P' plates.
- Graduated driving licences (GDL).
- Hazard perception testing.
- Instruction on motorway, night driving and skid control.
- Restrictions on the driving of high-powered cars.
- Limits on the number of young passengers.
- Access to off-road tuition before taking to public roads.
- Education & publicity aimed at parents and learner/novice drivers.
- Promotion of a well-designed voluntary 'P' plate in advance of any legislation.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.