Tel: 01754 890339 Fax: 01754 890538
Best time to telephone: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Linkage Community Trust is a registered charity which provides high quality education, care and employment services to enable people with learning difficulties and other disabilities to realise their full potential. Linkage provides services for over 300 learning disabled people from all over the country. Its main facilities are in the Lincolnshire area. Details of Linkage's provision are as follows.
- Learners and service users are people with varying degrees of learning difficulties, from moderate to severe, including Down's syndrome, autism, Asperger's syndrome, William's syndrome, fragile x, speech and language difficulties, visual impairment, hearing impairment, epilepsy or physical difficulties.
- Linkage staff include a chartered educational psychologist, consultant psychiatrist, speech and language therapists, Makaton and BSL trained staff and qualified social workers.
- Linkage College comprises of two campuses and there are a number of Linkage-owned houses within the local communities.
- Linkage College offers learners a range of vocational and work experience opportunities and a comprehensive and progressive programme aimed at developing social and independent living skills, basic education and key skills.
- Linkage Care Services consists of residential care homes and supported living training flats and bungalows which are located in the Lincolnshire area. A range of vocational opportunities is also offered in the specially equipped day centre, industrial training unit and in the local community. Through partnership working with a local housing authority and registered social landlords, service users can opt to move into their own tenanted accommodation with appropriate support from Linkage Community Support Service, who also provide support to other learning disabled adults in their own homes.
- Linkage Employment Services offer a range of employment opportunities focussing on not only the needs of people with learning difficulties but also on the needs of businesses, offering advice, support and training services.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.