14 Rillbank Terrace
Tel (Helpline): 0131 536 0583
Kindred is a voluntary organisation based at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. Kindred provides information, advocacy and emotional support to parents of children and young people with additional support needs and their carers. It is managed by a committee of parents of children/young people with additional support needs, and professionals. Most of the staff at Kindred are parents of disabled children.
There are three main areas of Kindred's work:
- Giving information, advocacy, and support to children and young people, their families and the professionals who work with them.
- Providing training for people who work with children and families.
- Talking to people who run services about what families need.
- Preparing for meetings about your child.
- Writing letters or reports about your child.
- Applying for funding and benefits.
- Talking to professionals about the support your child receives.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.