99-119 Rosebery Avenue
Tel: 0207 923 6880
Body & Soul supports thousands of children, teenagers, adults and families who are living with and closely affected by HIV in the UK.
Established in 1996, Body & Soul offers an extensive and comprehensive programme of support that is age-appropriate and grounded in internationally recognised public health models. Body & Soul responds to what members tell them they need and runs tailored programmes of support for 5 age groups: 0-9yrs, 10-12 yrs, 13-19 yrs, 20-27yrs and 28+.
Support provided for all age groups at Body & Soul falls into five distinct areas:
- Physical health – such as information and advocacy around HIV, sex and relationships, treatment, nutrition, taking medication.
- Mental health – such as counselling, life coaching, play therapy, art therapy, complementary therapies, support around coping with loss, stress and depression.
- Psychosocial hellbeing – such as in-clinic younger adults peer mentoring, opportunities to form close peer networks, group, family and individual work around relationships and communication, parents of HIV positive children support group.
- Practical hupport – such as processing hardship applications, legal and social work casework support around immigration, benefits, housing, family and healthcare issues.
- Opportunities for maximum future success – such as CV writing classes, employability support, IT classes, educational support for all ages, volunteering opportunities.
Based in London, Body & Soul also provides support to members from all over the country. New members can refer themselves or be referred through a health/social care worker, friends or family members. Body & Soul recognises the unique impact that being affected by HIV through a close family member can have and as such provides support for members who are living with HIV and their loved ones.
Last updated on 14/11/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.