PO Box 205
Tyne & Wear
Tel: (Helpline) 01207 545469 (10 am - 4 pm weekdays)
Originally a North East-based charity (Butterfly North East) supporting patients having their treatment at the Northern Centre for Cancer Care (NCCC), Newcastle General Hospital, Butterfly is now a national charity dedicated solely to the support of patients with thyroid cancer and may be able to help people outside their specific area.
- A dedicated helpline to speak to someone who has had the disease.
- E-mail and telephone contact with group members to share experiences.
- A "buddy" to help you through the stages of surgery, Radioiodine treatment and follow up.
- Hospital visits.
- Regular support group meetings.
- Access to reliable up-to-date written information about the disease.
- Access to a group member in clinic at the Northern Centre for Cancer Care (NCCC), Newcastle General Hospital.
Last updated on 07/10/2014
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.