74a Station Road East
Tel: 01883 713922
The Children's Cancer Recovery Project offers practical support, understanding and comfort to children and families affected by cancer. The services offered have been developed thanks to in-depth research and conversations with parents about what their children need, and how they can helped. Services offered have been designed to:
- Provide immediate support to the family of children affected by cancer.
- Offer practical support to these families, so that they can focus on recovery and wellness and not financial concerns.
- Help the children and their siblings to smile and forget the illness wherever possible.
- Reward the bravery of children undergoing cancer treatment.
- Allow children who are in hospital for extended periods of time to develop the skills they will need in the future.
- Support play therapists and paediatric wards with the tools they need to keep children smiling, distracted and learning.
- Offer families with children in hospices the opportunity to form happy and lasting memories.
Last updated on 30/10/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.