Green Man Tower
332b Goswell Road
Tel: 0207 833 4883
CLAPA is the only UK-wide voluntary organisation specifically helping those with, and affected by, cleft lip and palate. CLAPA National Office is based in London with a network of branches all run by volunteers who have benefited from the organisation. Clapa's key functions are to:
- Organise local parent-to-parent support through its nation-wide network.
- Run a specialist service for parents and health professionals seeking help feeding babies with clefts.
- Develop support for children and adolescents affected by clefts at school and in social settings through such activities as confidence-building camps.
- Encourage and support research into causes and treatment of cleft lip and palate.
- Represent the interests of patients and parents, influencing policy on future treatment of cleft lip and palate.
- Conduct educational seminars for health professionals and the general public.
- Raise funds in the community for equipment, literature and services.
- Publish and distribute a range of information leaflets, increasing public awareness of the condition.
- Support projects in countries where cleft treatment is limited or unavailable.
Last updated on 07/08/2015
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.