77 Wilbury Hills Road
Tel: (Helpline) 0151 342 1660
Cyclical vomiting syndrome (CVS) is a rare disorder which can affect people of any age, but onset is most commonly reported between the ages of 3-7. The Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome Association (CVSA) is an association for patients, families, carers and professionals providing support, education and research for CVS. It is a registered charity and 100% volunteer association founded by parents and professionals with the following purposes:
- To provide patients, families and professionals opportunities to offer and receive support and share knowledge about CVS.
- To actively promote and facilitate medical research about CVS.
- To increase world-wide public and professional awareness of CVS.
- To serve as a resource centre for information on CVS with affiliates in USA, Australia, Canada, Italy and New Zealand.
The association is involved in the following activities:
- Child and adult support group.
- Annual meeting at Birmingham Children's Hospital.
- Twice yearly newsletter.
- Support for research.
- Publicity to raise awareness.
Patients, families and professionals may join the CVSA for an annual donation to cover administration costs. A series of leaflets describing the syndrome, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment together with membership details are available on request. They also have an informational DVD available.
Last updated on 10/03/2014
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.