Unit 4D, Leroy House
436 Essex Road
Tel: 0207 704 3141
Genetic Alliance UK (formerly Genetic Interest Group) is the national charity of over 150 patient organisations, supporting all those affected by genetic conditions.
Genetic Alliance UK seeks to promote awareness and understanding of genetic conditions through a wide range of activities including:
- Campaigning on issues of policy and practice.
- Providing support and information to patients and families.
- Educating policy makers, health professionals, patients and families and the general public.
- Supporting the development of high quality services and information and ensuring they are available to all.
- Providing a common platform to unite the voices of patients and families affected by genetic conditions.
They seek to raise awareness of genetic conditions and improve the quality of services and information available to patients and families.
They actively campaign on issues of policy and practice to influence governments, policy makers, industry and care providers such as the National Health Service.
They provide a united voice for all those affected by genetic conditions, enabling them to work together towards a common goal of making life better for patients and families at risk.
Last updated on 31/10/2014
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.