Tel: 0208 1234819 (Mon-Sat)
Mermaids is a support group for gender variant children and teenagers.
They aim to support children and teenagers up to the age of 19, who are trying to cope with gender identity issues.
In support of this one aim, they also intend to:
- Offer support to parents, families, carers, and others.
- Raise awareness about gender issues amongst professionals (teachers, doctors, social services, etc) and the general public.
- Campaign for the recognition of this issue and the increase in professional services.
What they offer:
- Information, support, friendship and shared experiences.
- They will support individual young people, with or without support from their families, whether they are out or not.
- They will try, where possible, to help their families understand and accept their child's gender identity issue.
- They will also offer their help to family members, professionals and others who are worried about a child or young person.
- They will offer their support via telephone, email and snail mail, and wherever possible, meetings.
Last updated on 10/02/2015
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.