74 High Street
Tel: (Helpline) 0844 967 4848, (Youth Helpline) 0330 606 1174, (Admin) 01952 680460
No Panic (National Organisation for Phobias, Anxiety, Neuroses, Information and Care) is a totally voluntary charity, whose aims are to aid the relief and rehabilitation of those people suffering from panic attacks, phobias, obsessive/compulsive disorders and other related anxiety disorders including tranquilliser withdrawal, and to provide support to sufferers and their families and or carers, by the following means:
- Providing confidential helplines staffed by trained volunteers.
- Training of volunteers to work on helplines.
- Running telephone courses for people unable to get to a pop-in centre.
- Producing and distributing literature, CDs and DVDs relevant to the illnesses.
- Raising public and professional awareness of the problems.
- Providing support, not financial, to sufferers and carers.
- Using self-help behaviour therapy as a basis for recovery programmes.
- Giving support to people trying to give up tranquillisers.
- Providing one-to-one voluntary telephone counselling.
Last updated on 10/11/2016
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.