29 Peckham Road
Tel: (Freephone helpline) 0808 808 3444, (Office) 020 7735 9535
PACT (the Prison Advice & Care Trust) is a charity which supports people affected by imprisonment. They provide practical support to prisoners' children and families and to prisoners themselves.
The main services they offer are:
- Information, advice and support for families and friends of prisoners.
- Child-friendly visitors' centres.
- Catering services in visitors' centres and visits halls.
- Supervised play areas in visits halls for visiting children.
- Mentoring schemes for prisoners and a pioneering 'First Night in Custody' support service which aims to reduce the extreme anxiety often felt by prisoners on their first night inside, and to reduce the possibility of self-harm and suicide.
Last updated on 31/07/2015
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.