The Pelvic, Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy (POGP) is a UK-based professional network affiliated to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. POGP members are physiotherapists who have a special interest in women and men’s health. Many have gone on to specialise in this area of physiotherapy. Areas of specialty may include:
- The physiotherapeutic care of women in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally, including the delivery of antenatal classes for the woman and her partner.
- Specialise in the conservative treatment of bladder and bowel incontinence for men and women and in some cases children.
- May be involved in the care of women undergoing gynaecological and breast surgery.
- Specialise in the treatment of musculo-skeletal conditions both during pregnancy, and immediately postnatally.
- May also be specialists in the treatment of sexual dysfunction in relation to pelvic floor muscle problems for men and women.
Last updated on 28/09/2016
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.