Tel: 0800 096 6606 (8.30 am-8.30 pm every day - calls are free)
The Pet Bereavement Support Service (PBSS) offers confidential telephone and email support for anyone who is experiencing, or anticipating, the loss of a pet as a result of death, illness, loss and theft, enforced separation or accident. Emotional support and practical information are provided by trained volunteers. The service is run by The Blue Cross and the Society for Companion Animal Studies. The Pet Bereavement Support Service is an accredited member of The Helplines Association.
- Pet Bereavement Support Service - about the service (leaflet)
- Children and Pet Loss (leaflet)
- Wallet sized information cards
- A5 Poster Coping with the loss of a pet?
- Booklet Death of an Animal Friend
- Missing My Pet – for children
- When the time comes - preparing to say goodbye (leaflet)
- Support line volunteer - Make a difference (leaflet)
Last updated on 24/04/2015
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.