Tel: (Helpline) 0300 111 5090, (General Enquiries) 0300 999 5090
PMRGCAuk, the national registered charity for Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis, was established to meet the needs of people with these debilitating conditions by offering support, raising awareness and promoting research.
Its aims are:
- Support - Promote, encourage and assist with the setting up of a national network of Support Groups.
- Awareness - Raise awareness within the public domain, medical profession, and employment sector and develop an information base for the public.
- Research - Promote and encourage research into Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis.
Its objectives are:
- To advance the education of the public through the collection, assimilation and recording of information and data relating to Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis by the provision, establishment and maintenance of an educational website, and a network of support groups.
- To preserve and protect good health by the promotion of research into Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis and the dissemination of the useful results thereof for the benefit of the public.
Their website provides information about these conditions, contacts across the country by way of support groups, news about research into PMR and GCA, and helps raise awareness in general.
Last updated on 03/02/2014
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.