20-22 East London Street
Tel: 0131 556 6443
The Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance (SIAA) is devoted to the promotion, support and defence of independent advocacy in Scotland. It is a membership organisation that has the overall aim of ensuring that independent advocacy is available to any vulnerable person in Scotland.
Its functions include:
- Providing information and support to the membership, who are made up of local independent and non-independent advocacy organisations, voluntary sector organisations, statutory agencies and other interested parties.
- Working as a central agency to gather and distribute information.
- Representing advocacy organisations at various levels.
- Raising awareness and understanding of independent advocacy across Scotland.
- Ensuring that the independent advocacy movement's 'voice' is heard at a national level to influence current and future practice and policy.
- Providing training on independent advocacy and related issues.
Last updated on 13/12/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.