Shaw Trust Enquiries
Shaw House, Epsom Square
Tel: (General Enquiries) 01225 716300
Shaw Trust is a national charity which supports disabled and disadvantaged people to prepare for work, find jobs and live more independently. They believe everyone has the right to work and have campaigned for many years to turn their vision into a reality. They are the UK's largest third sector provider and one of the Government's lead partners in the delivery of employment programmes for disabled and disadvantaged people.
Every year they help thousands of disabled and disadvantaged people achieve their employment and personal development aims. They do this through:
- Pre-work activities which enable people to become more 'work ready' and acquire life skills.
- Personal development and training schemes to help people decide where they want to be and equip them with the skills and motivation to get there.
- Employment programmes which help people find jobs and stay in work, such as Work Choice and Workstep.
- Independent living services which enable people to make choices about and manage their own care.
- Working in partnership with employers, local authorities and service delivery partners to make a real difference to people's lives and the communities they're part of.
- Promoting diversity to help employers and individuals understand and value equality and difference.
If you're claiming benefits, unemployed and want to work, looking for support in work, or to take control of your daily care, they can help you too.
Last updated on 02/09/2014
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.