SA-UK is a volunteer-led organisation for people with social anxiety problems and their supporters. Their aims are to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of social anxiety and related issues.
- Provide an environment where those with social anxiety and related problems can find support, advice and encouragement.
- Provide access to reliable information on social anxiety and related issues.
- Promote greater accessibility and opportunity for those with social anxiety and related problems, including in employment, education and health services.
- Develop, support and co-ordinate local self-help groups and meetings for people with social anxiety and related problems.
- Work together with other organisations and bodies in the pursuit of common goals.
- Ensure that our practices and services are guided by reliable information on social anxiety and related issues.
- Operate from a principal of consensus and inclusiveness to ensure that our services are accessible to anyone.
The chat rooms and discussion boards are now run independently of the website.
Last updated on 12/08/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.