TAR syndrome (thrombocytopenia with absent radii) is a rare disorder characterised by a reduction of the number of platelets in the blood and bilateral absence of the radii (forearm bones). The TAR Syndrome Support Group is a small, parent-led group with limited funds. The aims of the group are as follows:
- To offer support to families affected by TAR syndrome.
- To raise awareness of TAR syndrome with professionals and other interested individuals.
- To link families in similar situations and areas.
- To give new families hope for their children's future through the shared experiences of older children in the group.
- To share information on equipment, benefits, relevant support organisations, etc.
- To support families through increasing public awareness of TAR syndrome by raising funds, organising events, and publishing literature.
- The group's lively website gives information on the syndrome, news of the group and its activities, details of support, and links to other organisations.
Last updated on 07/11/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.