The Royal College of Surgeons
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
Although this is an association for professionals, information leaflets are available on various aspects of plastic surgery, downloadable from the website.
Their website includes information for patients including a section on 'Safety in Surgery' and information on individual operations. The website also gives answers to frequently asked questions about plastic surgery, including the following:
- How much do consultations cost?
- Will I meet the surgeon who will be treating me at the consultation?
- How much do operations cost?
- Do surgeons specialise in particular treatments?
- Do I need to be referred by my General Practitioner? a) My GP is not interested in cosmetic surgery. b) I know my GP socially and do not want him to know about a cosmetic operation
- How do we know that a surgeon is fully trained in cosmetic surgery?
- How do we know if a surgeon who is not a member of BAAPS is fully trained?
- Can doctors who are not on the Specialist Register in Plastic Surgery call themselves cosmetic or plastic?
The website also has a 'Find a Surgeon' button which gives contact details of surgeons by region.
Last updated on 06/11/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.