109/3B Swanston Road
Tel: 0131 445 5590
The Butterfly Trust provides face to practical support and advocacy in the community to people living with cystic fibrosis and their families.
They provide face-to-face, confidential services that include:
- Emotional support and counselling at times of acute stress or distress.
- Practical help that includes assistance with official forms and help to negotiate sometimes complex processes and official systems.
- Advocacy and representation in relation to housing, education, employment and at disability appeals tribunals.
- Financial assistance for essential items that enable optimum home support or respite breaks.
- Transport to hospital appointments.
- Befriending and mentoring for young people with cystic fibrosis.
- Massage therapy in hospital for adults with cystic fibrosis.
Last updated on 06/11/2013
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.